2014 - 2015 Music City Lightning Team Guidelines
The following guidelines will be followed by all players wishing to be sponsored for travel to tournaments throughout the season:
1. To be considered for sponsorship a player must participate in 75% of team practices and clinics. (See tournaments and travel line #1 for specifics)
2. All players will be responsible for assisting in clinics, practice and exhibitions.
3. Equipment will not be purchased for individuals on the team. If you are a new player and are in need of equipment, please talk with the coach and sport director to discuss your options for equipment.
4. Team warm ups and uniforms are the property of the NWC and must be worn to all games.
Tournaments, Travel, Code of Conduct
1. All players must attend practice on a regular basis. The following guidelines will be strictly adhered to:
2. Only the tournaments on the schedule will be sponsored by the National Wheelcats. Most communication from the sport director will come via email. Scheduled events will also be posted to our official facebook page at www.facebook.com/NationalWheelcats as well as on our website, www.nationalwheelcats.org
3. Travel arrangements will be made by the sport director. Please let the coach and sport director know your plans for each tournament as soon as possible.
4. Transportation for tournaments will be furnished from a designated departure area, players needing transportation must get to the departure area on their own. No transportation will be provided to practice.
5. Athletes are expected to represent the National Wheelcats in a positive manner. Forfeits and no shows to games will not be tolerated and future travel may not be granted. Illegal activity is not allowed on any National Wheelcats sponsored travel.
6. A daily expense allowance will be given for each player. Expense money ($20 per day) will be given for the days of tournament play. Expense money will not be given for travel days.
7. All players will be expected to play and volunteer in the National Wheelcats sponsored tournament in 2015.
8. All receipts (when applicable) MUST be turned in to Sports Director. If receipts are not received within a 2 week period after travel, then the athletes will not be funded for that event.
9. Athletes will be held accountable financially for flights and hotel rooms that they miss or trips they may cancel unless there is a reasonable explanation presented to the NWC Board. If the athlete is determined to be liable, this must be paid before any future travel is granted.
10. Athletes must attend practice on time and be ready to practice. Any player not on the court ready to practice by 7:00 pm will not be counted as present for the practice unless arrangements have been made in advance with the coach and\or sport director.
11. Treat your teammates, coaches, volunteers and sport directors with kindness and respect.
12. All players will be on the court, ready to play 30 minutes before the start of a game.
13. All grievances and questions must first go through the coach and sport director. If a resolution is not met, you must then take your grievance to Mark Singer, and he will present it to the NWC Board and return their decision to you. All decisions made by the NWC Board are final and no further appeals will be granted.
14. Personal Vehicles - . If any player chooses to travel on their own to a tournament, no reimbursement for gas will be provided. Exceptions to this will be at the discretion of the coach and sport director and will be based solely on the needs of the team.
In instances where a van is not used, reimbursement will be provided for gas, provided the athlete turn in receipts to the sport director within a 2 week time period. All gas receipts must be dated during the tournament time period. Unless cleared with the coach and sports director, reimbursement will be paid as follows:
i. 3 athletes – 100%
ii. 2 athletes – 66%
iii. 1 athlete – 33%